Monday, August 22, 2011

Stick Paintings

I started at my new center today! It's going to be quite a different experience for me, I think. I'm used to 20+ kids and now I will never have more than 13. I'm guessing we are going to have a lot of fun. This week I am shadowing the teacher I will be replacing, so I will show you art projects I've done in the past at my old job. And then next week I'll get back to weekly themes.

What I'm going to show you today is something we did last week. A girl had brought in Fudgsicles for her last day. After the kids finished eating them, I noticed how cute the sticks were:
See what I mean? Cute. They weren't the normal popsicle sticks. So I had the kids save them and I washed them. I didn't have enough to use them for a craft (helicopter, anyone?), but I thought they'd have fun painting with them. So that's exactly what we did.
It's always fun to paint with something other than a paint brush. And the kids really enjoyed it!

Have you ever been using (or eating) something and thought, hey, this would be perfect for an art project?

No comments: