Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lego Prints

We are reviewing our colors this week, so I thought it would be the perfect time to try out some different painting techniques that I've seen around the web. Yesterday's color was red and the kids painted with feathers. (I had the day off so I don't have pictures, but I'm sure you've seen it before.) Today's colors were orange and yellow and we used big Legos as stamps.
The kids were so curious when I started taking Legos out of their container, but I just kept saying, "You'll have to wait and see!" I double stacked them so they would have more to hold on to.
And I tried using regular Legos, but the paint was too thick and often covered the whole top instead of just the circles, so I took them out. The bigger Legos made better prints.
The kids kept going and going and didn't want to stop! I think it would look cool with more colors, but like I mentioned above, we were reviewing the colors orange and yellow.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, clean-up was a snap. The washable tempera paint came right off!

No comments: