Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Friendship Bracelets

The kids in my class made bracelets for each other today. They did such a great job! I received some metallic alphabet beads, colorful faceted beads and sparkle elastic cords from CraftProjectIdeas.com.
With fingers crossed, I went through the alphabet beads to find all the letters I needed for every child in my class. I was short a couple of A's, but I used a skinny Sharpie to draw lines on some V's and it worked great. I first had the kids pair up and ask their partner what their favorite colors were. I had quickly made little sheets with all the colors on it and the kids just circled the colors their partner said. Then they set out to make the bracelets. I taped down one end of the elastic cord so they didn't have to worry about the beads falling off.


They were so dedicated to making the perfect bracelet for their friend. I loved watching them! The holes in the beads were big enough that they didn't have any problems putting them on the cords. I just made sure the letters went on in the right order. They all seemed to really like their bracelets and wore them the rest of the day!


No comments: