Monday, November 18, 2013

Little Cloud

We are discussing Eric Carle's books again this week and I decided to go with lesser-known titles. (Well, at least to me and my class they are less known.) Today I read Little Cloud.
It's about a small cloud that changes into different things, like a shark, an airplane and a clown. So I made some puffy paint by mixing Elmer's glue and shaving cream. The kids used their fingers to paint a picture on blue paper.
 It was very thick and soft and fun to use as fingerpaint!
I asked the kids what their little cloud changed into and I wrote it on the bottom of their paper.
 "Little cloud changed into a dragon."
"Little cloud changed into a monster." And my favorite:
"Little cloud changed into a knight and dragon bowing to the Queen." Awesome imagination and creativity!

No comments: