Monday, July 28, 2014

Wild West Sunsets

I love this craft. I did a post about desert sunsets, which are similar, a few years ago but I've received some e-mails from my readers asking for more details. So here it is. I put several drops of red and yellow food coloring in separate cups of water. The kids used droppers to decorate a coffee filter. (You will definitely want something under the coffee filter so you don't get water everywhere. We used construction paper.)
The red and yellow blended together to make orange in some spots. Once it was dry, I used a glue stick to attach it to a white piece of paper. Putting white paper behind it made the colors "pop" a bit more. It also made it sturdier. I left about an inch off at the bottom and then cut it off after it was glued to the paper so the bottom would be flat.
Then I cut a landscape out of black construction paper and glued it to the bottom of the filter.
Then I trimmed off the sides. Finally, the kids added cacti and a cowboy I had cut from black construction paper.
So that's it!



When I made my example years ago, I had also cut out a cowboy on a horse.
But who's got time for that? :0)

**If you like these, check out our Tropical Sunsets!**



No comments: